The Sisters are affectionately known simply as 'the Swiss Sisters'. They have been serving in the Diocese of Mendi since 1969. They serve in various ministries in the diocese: health, education, pastoral, formation, etc. They are beloved of the people who consider them their sisters and their mothers. The Swiss Sisters are true missionaries. They have come to the peripheries to share the joy of the gospel. They are close to the people sharing their joys and sorrows.
Currently serving in the Diocese are the following Sisters:
- Sr Monica-Pia - serves as the interim Congregational Leader of the FSM Sisters; she is also the chairperson of the Renewal Team which is working on the updating of the Diocesan Pastoral Plan.
- Sister Gaudentia - has served for almost four decades in the health ministry; she is truly the mother of Catholic Health Services in the Diocese of Mendi
- Sister Lorena - is currently serving as the National Director of Family Life ministries
- Sister Lukas - is serving in the administration of the Diocesan Pastoral Center; she also is a voluntary chaplain at the Mendi General Hospital
- Sister Paulus-Maria - is serving in the PRH ministry and conducts PRH trainings throughout the country
We welcome Sister Zita to Mendi.
In this year of Prayer for Consecrated Life, we give immense thanks to God for the selfless ministry of the Swiss Sisters in the Diocese of Mendi.